Gospel Immigration

Family Sponsorship

Family Sponsorship

Call Our Immigration Expert

Family Sponsorship

Family Sponsorship

Citizens and permanent residents of Canada who are 18 years old or older can sponsor their wives and certain relatives to live and work in the country.

Your relatives can live, study and work in Canada if they become permanent residents of Canada. You can sponsor certain relatives to come to Canada if you’re at least 18 years old and a

  • Canadian citizen or
  • Person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act or
  • Permanent resident of Canada


This initiative was created and implemented to assist families in reuniting. In October of 2012, the programme was updated. Canada has been seeking candidates to fill job vacancies in a variety of industries. The majority of immigrant programmes allow family members to apply in addition to the main applicant.

This programme, on the other hand, was created to help people who were unable to accompany the applicant during his or her immigration process.

The skilled workers programme and provincial nominee programmes were the immigration schemes that attracted the majority of this group. It’s also worth noting that the Canadian Family Sponsorship Visa Program has played a significant role in assisting foreign nationals in their efforts to move to Canada.

You Can

  • Sponsor your spouse, partner or dependent children
  • Sponsor your parents and grandparents
  • Sponsor your relatives
Sponsor your spouse, partner or dependent children

You can sponsor your spouse, partner, or dependent children to become permanent residents of Canada if you meet the requirements.

If you do, you must be able to do the following

  • Financially assist them
  • Ensure that they do not require government support.

You can sponsor your spouse, partner or dependent child if

  • You must be at least 18 years old to participate
  • You're a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or a person who's registered as an Indian in Canada under the Indian Act of Canada.
    • If you’re a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to live in Canada when the persons you want to sponsor become permanent residents.
    • You can’t sponsor someone if you’re a permanent resident living outside Canada.
  • You can demonstrate that you are not receiving social assistance for reasons other than a disability and that you can meet the basic needs of any individuals you choose to sponsor.