Gospel Immigration

Parents and Grandparents Sponsership

Parents and Grandparents Sponsership

Call Our Immigration Expert

Canada Parents and Grandparents Sponsership

You can sponsor a parent or grandparent for permanent residency in Canada if you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident over the age of 18. Here’s everything you need to know about the Sponsorship Program for Parents and Grandparents.

You can sponsor your parents and grandparents to become permanent residents of Canada if you fill out the interest to sponsor form and are invited to submit a complete application.

If you do, you must
  • Support them and their dependants financially
  • Make sure they don’t need social assistance from the government

You can sponsor your own parents and grandparents if you meet the following criteria:

  • You must be at least 18 years old and a Canadian resident.
  • You're a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or a person who's registered as an Indian in Canada under the Indian Act of Canada.
  • You have sufficient funds to help the people you wish to support.
  • You'll need to produce proof of income to prove that you have enough.
  • Sponsors must additionally establish that they have met the minimum essential income level for three consecutive years by presenting notifications of assessment issued by the Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA) in support of their sponsorship. If you're married or in a common-law partnership, you can list both of your incomes; and
  • A sponsorship agreement must be signed by the sponsor and the sponsored relative, committing the sponsor to provide financial support for the sponsored person for up to 20 years.


If you live in the province of Quebec

After we approve you as a sponsor, you must meet Quebec's immigration sponsoring standards. Your income will be assessed by the Quebec ministry in charge of immigration.