Gospel Immigration

Spousal Sponsership

Spousal Sponsership

Call Our Immigration Expert

Spousal Sponsership Visa

Sponsor your spouse, partner or dependent children

You can sponsor your spouse, partner, or dependent children to become permanent residents of Canada if you meet the requirements.

You can sponsor your foreign national spouse or conjugal partner to become a Canadian permanent resident if you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and have a foreign national spouse or conjugal partner by marriage or common-law.

Well, after PR and finding a job in Canada and getting married then you have the option to bring your Husband / wife to Canada.

For this process we need to file a spousal sponsorship application for your wife which is currently around 12 months time frame. IRCC is looking into this to make the process even shorter for the spousal sponsorship in the near future. We have to wait and see.

In respect to spousal sponsorship one important item to remember is by getting married and having a marriage certificate does not mean you are eligible to sponsor your wife. You need to prove that your marriage is real and that a good marriage commitment exists between you and your wife.

IRCC will look into the applicants with short time frame marriages and ask for lots of information and documents to satisfy their need to make sure there is a good and strong relationship between you and your wife.

IRCC process applicants with marriage more than 2 years or one year marriage with a child or living together much easier and less request for documents to prove their relationship.

You can sponsor your spouse, partner or dependent child if

  • You must be at least 18 years old to participate.
  • You're a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or a person who's registered as an Indian in Canada under the Indian Act of Canada.
    • If you’re a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to live in Canada when the persons you want to sponsor become permanent residents.
    • You can’t sponsor someone if you’re a permanent resident living outside Canada.
  • You can demonstrate that you are not receiving social assistance for reasons other than a disability and that you can meet the basic needs of any individuals you choose to sponsor.