Gospel Immigration

Spousal/Common Law Partner Open Work Permit (SOWP)

Spousal/Common Law Partner Open Work Permit (SOWP)

If your common-law partner or spouse is currently studying or working in Canada, you may be eligible for an open work permit. This Spousal work permit gives you the ability to come, stay and work for any employer in Canada.
You may be eligible for an open work permit
if you are an international student who graduated from a designated learning institution and are eligible for the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program.
Spouse open work permit fees

The fee for a spouse open work permit is $255 for the processing fee, and $100 CAD for the open permit holder fee and $155 work permit fee &  biometrics 85$.

You must show that your relationship is valid . 

              – Provide proof of relationship such as: a marriage certificate, photos, proof of communication, proof of shared funds, etc.

Benefits of a spousal open work permit

  • Your spouse can work full-time in Canada if he or she has a Spouse Dependent Work Permit.
  • You can stay in Canada with your spouse until your permit expires.
  • Eligible to live with your partner
  • Obtain Canadian experience
If your spouse is currently working or studying in Canada, or if you have applied to be sponsored for permanent residence by your spouse or partner in Canada, you may be eligible for an open work permit.

If you are coming to Canada for a short time

Your spouse or common-law partner and dependent children can come with you to Canada or visit you in Canada, if they:

Spousal Open Work Permit (SOWP) Documents Required

  • Passport Copy (Entry and Exit) (Notary)
  • All Education Documents (Notary)
  • Experience Documents
  • Proof of Funds
  • Proof of Relationship Status
  • Documents from Canada who is staying in Canada


Open study permit for minors

Minor children don’t need a study permit for programs that are 6 months or less, but may still apply for one before entering Canada.

Minor children who want to study for 6 months or more must apply for a study permit before they enter Canada.

Outside of Canada
Minor children who want to study in Canada must apply for a study permit before they enter Canada. This includes minor children who come with parents who already have a valid study or work permit.

Minors coming to Canada with parents who have a valid study or work permit don’t need to provide a letter of acceptance from a school when applying for a study permit.

What We Do

Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) is Licensed Immigration Consultants and legal Consultants appointed by the Government of Canada, Australia ,UK and Germany to regulate the immigration consulting profession and safeguard consumer interests. Only Licensed Immigration Consultant is permitted to act as your representatives under Canadian law.

Licensed Immigration Consultant will represent your case from start to end and all the correspondence will be
made directly by the agent to the Immigration department.

1. Professionally trained and educated on the entire immigration procedures,
2. Exceptional knowledge of immigration laws,
3. Authorized to represent at any stage of immigration,
4. WHEREAS the RCIC and the Client wish to enter into a written agreement which contains the agreed upon
terms and conditions upon which the RCIC will provide his/her services to the Client.
5. Will have latest updates of any changes made to immigration laws & procedures.
6. Documentation review, submission, and verifying that all the Client (s) documents immigration applications and
paperwork, meet the requirements of the Immigration Regulations. Preparing and filing the Client application with
the appropriate visa office. Communicate with the visa officer until a final decision is reached.